Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Raw Milk Fast, Day 3

Halfway done! Yay!

I spent most of the morning planning the 6-week Civil War unit I'm teaching my kids' homeschool co-op starting next week. It's my custom to drink coffee while I plan; for some reason the ritual tells my mind to open up. Obviously, no coffee for me, so I ended up struggling with my planning. I know that this is totally psychological but the mind is a powerful thing. This evening was also the first I've actually cooked dinner since I started my detox. Gnocci stew with tomatoes, ground beef, and spinach. It smelled absolutely divine and it was very difficult for me to refrain from eating it. I had the kids test the flavor so I didn't taste it and lose my resolve. Other than that, only a few food cravings today and still no hunger to speak of.

My kitty has finally realized what it is I'm always drinking. Now when I get a glass of milk, he follows me around and if I set it down, he's right there trying to drink from it! It's very cute - I put my hand under his chin and push him back a little so then he reaches out to paw at the glass. He's also super-sneaky, going away until he thinks I'm not paying attention just so he can try to slip in unnoticed.

Physically, I'm still feeling great. I lost another pound since yesterday and my mood has remained generally calm. On an interesting note - my urine is a weird yellow-orange color from the high amounts of beta-carotene found in the milk of grass-fed cows. (sorry if TMI!)

I'm kicking around the idea of doing a few weeks of drinking 4 cups of milk a day and eating just one main meal. I'd like to see if small amounts of milk throughout the day will help with my mood and appetite control. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!