Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Omega

Most of the A-Z Challenge I wrote about things in the natural world that testify to the glory of God, as Romans 1:20 says:
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."
My challenge to you is this: take some time to study God's world. Keep learning new things about nature. Not that you have to go back to school or read some boring textbook or become an expert. Just look around you, look things up. Share some amazing facts you've learned!

In Revelation 22:13, God says, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

I started April with Alpha. God is the first, the beginning. Creation started with him. Everything started with him. He is also Omega, the end. Omega doesn't start with Z. But Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet. And Z is the last letter of ours.

So I started April with him, and I am ending with him. For all of us, I offer this prayer:

Thank you, Creator God, for the universe and all it contains. Thank you for the beauty and diversity that cover this great Earth. You desire to show yourself in the things that you created - please help us to see you in them. And help us to care for the Earth that you made us stewards over. You are truly an awesome God, deserving of all praise. And we praise you. Amen. 

Congratulations to all my fellow A-Zers who made it through the challenge. I look forward to reading lots of the follow-up posts.

3 comments:

  1. Amen--and congrats to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the A-Z Challenge for Him, as well. I have read many Z posts (I wrote about Zilpah (one of Jacob's handmaiden-wife-baby mamas). I like yours a lot better. He is the Alpha and the Omega! So true and so awe-inspiring!!

    Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...we can see Christ in Creation if we open our eyes! So glad you finished the Challenge. Looks like we see eye to eye on lots of issues...Christianity, raw foods, etc.
    Blessings...
    MakingTheWriteConnections

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!