Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yawn!

My day started in Moorefield, WV. We had been visiting my husband for a few days, but had to come home this morning. At 6:30am, after a sleep-deprived night spent hyper-aware of the pacing around of my restless dog, I drug myself out of bed and started the cleaning up and packing up process.  We were on the road by 7:15am, but instead of going straight home, we had to go to State Line, PA so I could pick up my farm order. We arrived there at 9:30am - right on time. A three minute stop to pay the farmer and put my milk and stuff in the car, and we were finally headed home.

Forty  minutes later, we pulled into our driveway in Frederick, MD, and started a flurry of activity to get ready for the next part of the day. We brought in the farm stuff, put it away, unloaded some things from the car, checked to see if our Robins had left the nest (they had), my son got a quick shower, we changed clothes, opened a delivery box that was sitting on the porch, grabbed a quick snack, and were back in the car 45 minutes later. Next stop was to pick up a necklace I had ordered the night before, from the husband of my beautiful, talented friend who makes jewelry - click the picture of my necklace to go to her website. I gave him a call, and went a few blocks over to where he was doing some community outreach gardening to get the necklace. Then on to the bank to get out some cash.


After the bank, I went to my mom's house. It was supposed to be a quick stop to drop my son with my sister for my nephew's birthday outing. They were headed to Baltimore, but we all sat and chatted for awhile first. Yes, despite the fact that I was exhausted at this point (and it was only 11:30am), I had a cup of coffee and we talked books, Gnosticism, and the Secretary Sebelius smack down .

It was almost 1pm when my daughter and I got out of there and headed to the fairgrounds for a homeschool curriculum fair. I bought math curriculum, science curriculum, and reading curriculum, joined the HSLDA, spent way too much time at the Miller Pads & Paper booth (I am a paper-aholic), and chatted with several different friends I ran into. By the time we were done, my daughter and I were both tummies-growling-loudly-and-painfully hungry.  We left the fairgrounds and went a few blocks to eat at Five Guys. Well, Five Guys is right by the library, so I decided that since we were right there, I should go in real quickly and pay my fine. But it didn't end up being quick, because we decided since we were there anyway, we should also get some books. And I just had to want the one book that was supposed to be on the shelf but wasn't. And then made the mistake of asking the staff about it.  Thirty minutes later, we were finally out of the library and run-walking to Five Guys in the chilly spitting overcast grayness. We got the food, then headed home. By this time, I was almost delirious with exhaustion, scarfing fries in the car, so hungry I was nauseated. We got home and ate, but then I needed to straighten the disaster that my living room still was from when we were going through laundry before we left on Wednesday (which we had then made even worse by dropping our stuff everywhere when we got home this morning).

Baby yawns are the cutest!
Then I texted a friend who was supposed to come over and pick up farm milk that I got for her, and plopped onto the couch and closed my eyes for what seemed like a split second before she showed up at my door (it was more like 20 minutes). We spoke for a few minutes about her new baby, she got her milk and left, then I went back to the couch... Zzzzz... I don't know how long before my husband called, but it wasn't long enough. My daughter talked to him, and I said I would talk to him later because I was only half awake...Zzzzz...My sister called to plan when I would be picking up my son. We decided on a time which gave me 30 more minutes before I had to leave the house to drive the 40 minutes to pick him up..."Victoria, wake me up in 30 minutes"...Zzzzz... 40 minutes later, I wake up on my own. "Ahhhh... Victoria, why didn't you wake me up?" She didn't remember me saying 30 minutes. I forgave her because she was almost as tired as I was.

We got in the car to go pick up my son, got a few blocks away and realized I left my phone at home. Turned around, went back to the house, got my phone, and then we're like 20 minutes later than we should have been. Fortunately, my sister was running late too, so I actually arrived at our meeting place before she did. Got my son back, but then fought with him on the way home (we were both tired and cranky). When we got home, it was 8pm...and I wanted desperately to just go to sleep right then. But I had to talk to my husband,  proof read my daughter's blog post, and then do mine. Which brings me to here... Yawn! I'm ready to go to bed. And since you decided to read this whole boring story about my crazy day, I will reward you with an interesting fact about yawning:

You're yawning now, aren't you?
Scientists have no idea why we yawn, but according to one theory, yawning might keep our lungs from collapsing! I think that God just has a sense of humor. "I know, I'll make it so that when humans are tired or bored, they open their mouths wide and suck in air. Oh, and when one does it, everyone else around him will need to do it too... that will be hilarious."  Then he discussed with himself about how cute it would be if animals yawned too... Ok, well, you see I am still delirious. Soo...yawn...good night.




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite the day. No wonder you were yawning! Fun Y post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you made me yawn. I've always found it fascinating that yawning is contagious. I think laughter can be, too, sometimes. Good (exhausting!) post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby yawns and puppy yawns. The cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I'm taking a last minute blog jog to meet some new friends from the A-Z challenge list. Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i would be doing a lot of yawning!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!