Thursday, April 26, 2012

Waterfalls

What is it about moving water that is so soothing? I love the way it sounds - from the gentle gurgle of a relaxation fountain, to the rhythmic woosh of the tide rolling onto the beach. Even the roar of a waterfall can calm me. And waterfalls can be some of the most awesome of sights. Here are three of the most beautiful in the world.

Niagra Falls, US and Canada -
Approximately 13 million people visit Niagra Falls each year to watch 150,000 gallons of water per second flow over the falls.




Iguazu Falls, Argentina
This system consists of 275 falls along 1.67 miles of the Iguazu River. And the Devil's Throat area is taller than Niagra and twice as wide.





Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and Zambia
It is the largest singular waterfall in the world at 354 feet high, with a flow of over 264,000 gallons per second! Described by the phrase "smoke that thunders," Victoria Falls is considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world.





Can you imagine the strength, power, and intensity these falls put out? Now can you imagine that God is more mighty than even these falls? I am so small compared to these forces of nature. And they are so small compared to him. But yet he knows me by name. And he loves me. How awesome is that!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! I've been to the U.S. side of Niagara Falls but have never seen the others. My favorite is the one with the rainbow. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping by from the A to Z! Cool post! I moved to Buffalo a couple years ago, so being about half an hour away from Niagara Falls is definitely one of the neatest things ever! Surprised you didn't mention Angel Falls - the tallest in the world! But I guess it's not as pretty as the others you mentioned though!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!