Sunday, April 1, 2012

Alpha

 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
~Revelation 1:8

The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God." 
~Psalm 14:1


 Happy April Fool's Day!  Although I have fallen for my share of April Fool's jokes, I am not a Psalm 14 fool.  I know there is a God in heaven. He is Alpha. The beginning. The One who created all things.

I know that some would say I am an irrational fool for believing that the universe was created. But which is more irrational?
- Believing matter was created by an eternal being, or
- Believing matter simply was not, then was, then rapidly expanded and became the whole universe... (That is a very simplistic summary of the Big Bang theory)

Even if all life came about by evolution, the one who denies the existence of a creator still has to deal with the origin of the very first speck of matter.

During the April A to Z Challenge, I'll be talking about some of the wonders of God's creation. I hope you will follow with me. I'm also doing this challenge on my other blog: In the Care of the Great Physician. On there, I'll be talking about my crazy medical history and what God has taught me through it.




Names of God -A:
Alpha * Almighty * Abba * Adonai * Author of Life * Ancient of Days

28 comments:

  1. Yeah! A-Z Challenge newbie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, this is a timely post. My husband and I have been discussing belief in God versus belief in organized religion quite a bit lately. I look forward to reading your future posts and your thoughts on Christianity. Happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right they are different things. Just like religion is different than relationship. To me, Christianity is about a relationship with God. That's why I don't like "denominations."

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to more of yours too!

      Delete
  4. I think your posts are gonna be just what I need this month. Lots of stressful things and this'll help remind me of all the stuff I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you are having a stressful time right now. I hope that God can use my words to help in some way. And I'll keep you in my prayers.

      Thanks for stopping by! And for the follow.

      Delete
  5. Excellent way to start the week, this. My view is pretty simple: Faith doesn't absolve us of reason, any more than reason prevents us from having faith. Sounds like it echoes your own thinking.

    Look forward to following you though the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right, Joe. It saddens me to see Christians afraid to engage science, when really, like you said, we are not absolved from reasoning just because of our faith.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hi Christine, lovely to meet you today for the A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts! Like they say "My momma didn't raise no fool"! I may have done some foolish things in my life, but receiving Christ as my Savior wasn't one of them. And thankful my parents instilled this in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful post! Looking forward to a month of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the follow! Happy April :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I thought I would return the and found out I love this blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Thank you! I also believe that religion and science can co-exist quite nicely, starting with that very first speck as you mention.

    I look forward to following you along this month as we both participate in the A-to-Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Good luck on the challenge!

      Delete
  12. good luck with the Challenge! thank you for stopping at my blog. ♥ dani

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love posts that make me think! I look forward to following you throughout this challenge.

    Mandy @ The Chockboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Hi! I found your blog through the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. :)

    Love this post and your challenge theme. Looking forward to following you through the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by and for the follow.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!