Friday, March 30, 2012

26 Days of Creation

During the month of April, I'll be participating in the A to Z Blog Challenge. Starting April 1st, along with over 1400 other bloggers, I will be doing a post a day (except for the Sundays after April 1st) for 26 days. Each day will correspond with a letter of the alphabet.

It's not required that a blogger have a theme to tie all the posts together, but I decided it would be fun, and more challenging, to do it that way.  After much thought, I settled on the theme of seeing God in His creation.

I love the natural world. Looking around at all the beauty and variety of life that exists on the earth, and the awesomeness of the cosmos, I can't help but be in awe of the Creator that made it. And this was God's intention all along. The apostle Paul said in a letter to the Romans (1:20):
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
He wrote that in 56-57 AD. Without having the benefits of modern science to show him the complexity of even the most basic forms of life, or modern technology to provide endless photographs and videos of our amazing world and the worlds beyond ours, Paul said that what has been made clearly shows the power and divinity of God. If people had no excuse then, we can't possibly have an excuse now, knowing all that we know, and seeing all that we can see. 

But, Paul goes on to explain that despite creation testifying to its Creator, people chose to ignore and deny it. People still do that today, crediting random forces, natural selection, and chance genetic mutations for the complexity of the natural world. 

During the A to Z Challenge, I want to look at the created world and highlight some of the things that make it amazing. Everyday things that are more complex that people might realize. And weird things that a lot of people haven't ever heard of. I'm not going to spend the next month arguing evolutionary theory.  But I do think it's very fitting that I am starting this on April Fool's Day.*

Since I'm also doing this challenge on my other blog, In the Care of the Great Physician, and will be editing my daughter's Challenge posts, plus my normal life responsibilities, my month is going to be super busy. I'll cope with caffeine, chocolate, and lots of prayer! And I'll be giving up television and movies for the month. I hope you'll visit during April to study God's creation with  me.  And I covet your prayers as I try to use this opportunity both for self-discipline and, more importantly, to glorify God.



* See Psalm 14:1



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!